Tips for glowing skin during festive season
The festive season has begun with the lilting rhythm of the dhol filling the air with music that you can’t stop dancing to. Its Navratri time, the perfect season to flaunt the traditional dresses, picture perfect looks and dance the night away.
You will be dancing until late night, getting up early in the morning to rush to office or college, putting on makeup every day and let’s be honest; your body rhythm will go for a six. All this will affect your skin and hair. Here are some quick tips that will keep your skin glowing and hair gorgeous not just for the nine days of Navratri but all through the festive season.
All good things begins with good diet
If you are fasting during Navratri then instead of binging on chips, include a yogurt, water chestnut, dry fruit, roasted pumpkin seeds, sago, apples and bananas in your diet. Even if you are not fasting, it will be a good idea to feast on these because
Water chestnut detoxifies the skin and keep it glowing from inside.
Yogurt helps in digestion and detoxifies the body and helps strengthen the bone
Pumpkin seeds retard ageing and make a healthy oil free snack
Dry fruit and sago prevent wrinkles and keep the skin looking fresh and radiant. Sago also helps in keeping the skin cool.
Chose water over other drinks
When you are dancing garba tunes, your body gets a full workout and it needs hydration regularly. Keep drinking water at regular intervals during the day. You can also add slices of lemon and cucumber to the water to increase its detoxifying properties. Drink lots of fruit juices, coconut water and lemonade during dancing breaks.
Pre Prep your skin
Prepping your skin before putting on makeup is the key to fresh, youthful, radiant skin all through the festive season. Here are some simple things you can do:
- Tone everyday: A good quality toner will restore the pH balance on your skin and remove the leftover debris and dirt. You can make your own toner at home with rose water.
- Scrubs: Use a scrub at least three times a week. You can make home make scrubs by mixing equal parts of turmeric, besan and milk. Apply on skin, let it dry and scrub it off for a clear and pimple free skin.
- Skin masks: Skin masks are a great way to clear the impurities, hydrate the skin and remove the excess oil. If you have oily skin then use a mask made of multani mitti and rose water.
- Keep the eyes shining: Avoid under eye bags by using simple under eye masks.
You can use both professional treatments and homemade treatments to pre prep your skin for the festive season. Consult a top dermatologist for suitable treatments suitable for your skin type. These include:
- Microdermabrasion: This process will take care of sun discoloration, stretch marks, and light scarring revealing the smooth layer of skin underneath.
- Chemical peels: These peels use the method of chemical exfoliation to remove the outer layer of the skin. Chemical peels will help tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- Laser toning: It is a complete package to restore and rejuvenate your skin. With laser toning you can say good-bye to wrinkles, dark spots, pigmentation and blemishes. Laser toning will give you a clear, even toned skin.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy treatment directly injects substances like Hyaluronic acid directly into the middle layer of the skin. Mesotherapy tightens the skin and removes the fat from under the skin giving your face a tightened and fresh look.
To Make up or not Makeup
The weather is humid at this time of the year. Hence, opt for waterproof makeup. Go easy on foundation; otherwise sweat will make it look cakey. Always remove your make up before going to bed.
Use coconut oil or rose water to remove the makeup. Coconut oil will cleans and protect your skin. You can also use cotton ball dipped in almond oil to remove the makeup.
Soak your feet in warm water every night to sooth the aching back and feet. If you still have any skin related problems like pimple, acne, allergies and breakouts then consult your dermatologist immediately for correct treatment.