The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, (IFHE) a Deemed to-be University, Hyderabad and GEM- ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India) have established a strategic alliance on 8th September 2020 for the purpose of promoting a Green Initiative to care for the Mother Earth and executes the “GEM (Green and Eco-friendly Movement) Sustainability Certification Program” with the objective to complement in India’s sustainability movement and take it to the next level to promote environment friendly green building design and construction.
The program includes Sustainability, Energy and Water Efficiency, Fire and life safety, Indoor Air Quality, Daylight, Fresh Air and Human Comfort and is based upon BEE ECBC 2017 and NBC 2016.
Mr Pankaj R Dharkar, National Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council for GEM and Prof S Vijayalakshmi, Registrar, IFHE, Hyderabad have signed the MoU. It is interesting to note that the MoU documents were signed virtual mode due to Covid-19 situation.
To achieve these objectives, this partnership focuses on:
1. Promote communication and information exchange between the organizations and their respective members through announcements in journals, websites and other communication modes.
2. Members of one organization can attend conferences and general meetings of each other organizations.
3. Promote the knowledge of standard development activities in India and abroad as applicable.
4. Promote the co-operation between GEM-ASSOCHAM technical committees and ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education standing committees and Task Forces.
5. Jointly organize training and educational seminars and other educational activities when appropriate.
6. Mobilizing participations of students and members in each other program
7. Cooperation in the development and participation in conferences and exhibitions globally which may be mutually beneficial and which strengthen the bonds of national and international cooperation between the organizations and their respective members.
8. The teams of both organizations to interact on regular basis and shall aim to exchange at least one technical article every year in each other's journal.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. J. Mahender Reddy, Vice Chancellor, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, said, “We at ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education are committed to develop professionals with a sense of social and moral responsibilities. Having expertise in fields of Business Management, Law, Engineering, Architecture, and Research, IFHE strives to achieve an overall sustainable and eco-sensitive development. As an initiative in this direction, we are glad to partner and work with ASSOCHAM an organisation to empower Indian enterprises by inculcating knowledge in the global market, propagating Green building through GEM (Green and Eco- friendly Movement) and spread education and awareness of trends of Green and Sustainable Habitat through seminars, workshops and course programs at various venues across India.