Have you planned for a Diwali Vacation with Family? If Not, this is why it is a ‘MUST'!
Vacations are a beautiful thing. Whether you wish to travel to exotic looking locations or explore destinations near hometown, a trip is relaxing whatsoever. It doesn’t matter if you like stay-catting, traveling abroad or going on a road trip.
Taking a break from work can be done in different ways. It is not surprising to know what people state as their reasons for going on vacation vary, but with a common theme. Time away from your daily routine, and everything that goes with it, from cooking to emails to to-do lists – it is essential for your health and the overall well-being.
Vacations are not a luxury, but a necessity for a well-balanced, healthy life. Just like healthy food and exercise are important, vacations are also a must!
As Diwali has almost arrived, and most of our readers have still not yet decided to take a vacation, today we list out some important reasons to help you make vacations a priority in life.
- Relieves Stress: Stress is a true physiological response that is from day one meant to keep us safe. It releases hormones such as cortisol and epinephrine for the fight response that was essential for early man. But, in contemporary times, stress can be extremely destructive to our bodies. Thus, taking a break and going for vacations is a must. Trips help you to get hold of yourself and give a break from the constant high levels of these hormones. Also, the damage caused to the body and mind is slowly repaired.
- Helps to Maintain Focus: Chronic stress can affect the part of the brain that relates to goal-directed activities, causing issues with memory. If you are continuously working without any breaks, you may feel blocked and distracted and may face issues in concentrating. Vacations at regular intervals keep you energized and ready to tackle the tasks at hand.
- Make You Happier: Stress leads to depression and anxiety issues. If you are not taking a break, then you are more likely to be depressed and anxious. As per a survey, people who take regular vacations feel extremely happy in comparison to those who do not take one.
- Strengthening Bonds: Going on a vacation with your family or friends helps to forge closer bonds. The experiences shared with your loved ones promote a sense of bonding that is priceless. No other activity can create memories than vacations that you can cherish for a lifetime. People usually value their shared experiences more than the material goods acquired during a lifetime.
- Increases Productivity at Work: Contrary to what is believed, more vacation time for employees increases the overall company productivity. Also, it decreases the number of sick leaves taken by them. If you have a liberal holiday policy, it will create an improved quality of life for employees and ultimately lead to the increased work quality. A good vacation also taps their creativity, making them more efficient in their work.
- Improves Sleep Quality: Research shows that the ones who take vacations and travel regularly have approximately 20% improvement in their sleep. A sound and healthy sleeping pattern lead to a good lifestyle.
- Helps to Lose Weight: Are you worried about how to shed extra kilos that you've gained by hogging too many sweets during Diwali? Well, don't worry, take a small trip. It will relieve your stress and you will stop consuming food mindlessly. When on a vacation, you are much more energized and active, which helps to burn extra calories. But, mind your intake while you holiday and avoid indulging in junk foods.
- Improves Physical Health: Stress contributes to heart disease and high blood pressure. Men and women both need to take a vacation to lessen the risk of coronary heart disease or heart attacks.
- Improves Mental Health: With an increase in work pressure and competition in the market, mental health usually gets affected. Feelings of calmness arise when you take time off from work and your daily schedule. Vacations work like magic to relieve stress and allow the mind to heal in ways that it wouldn’t have been possible if under pressure.
- Encourages Creativity: It is believed that humans are most creative they are roaming and exploring different places. Vacation allows you to think out-of-the-box. Outrageous thoughts ultimately lead to experimental ideas. It not only refreshes you but often gives a breakthrough in work or life.
- Helps to Prevent Burnout: Whether a long vacay or a short trip, it helps you to prevent any burnout. Continuous work can lead to burning out, not merely in terms of productivity, but also when it comes to enjoying work and cohesiveness with colleagues. If you feel irritated or exhausted constantly, or lack willingness to fruitfully complete a task, it is time to unplug. Take a break, relax and rejuvenate yourself again.
- Helps to Gain Perspective: Vacations help you to recalibrate. It is easy to plug into the daily routine and forget about all the worries that come during life’s journey. Traveling, exploring, and adventuring throws open new ways to live and feel charged-up, knowing that there is not just one way to do the same.
- Spending Quality Time with Loved Ones: Vacations can be taken for various reasons. To spend quality time with family, to de-stress, to attend family or personal responsibilities. While short trips generally help to loosen up, longer ones enrich life and strengthen family bonds. Sometimes, it is all about spending time with yourself and doing what you always wanted to.
- Gives Something to Look Forward to: Life is short. Hence, it is essential to take some time out to enjoy and see the world around us. When you explore new places, you will have something to look forward to.
- Helps to Connect with Yourself: Everyone wishes for a solo trip. And nothing can beat the happiness of traveling alone in a new country. You are responsible for having fun, meeting new people, making new friends, expanding your horizons and making the trip memorable. Most importantly, it helps create inner peace of mind and builds confidence.
Last but not least, going on vacation can keep you young! Stress accelerates the aging process.
So, this Diwali make sure you take a trip with your loved ones and make them feel more special. Stay happy, healthy and vacationed!
Wishing Everyone a very Happy Diwali in Advance from Apeksha News Network!