Bring the Salon to Your Home while Being Quarantine!
While we are all stuck in our homes, quarantining ourselves for the good; that doesn’t necessarily have to mean that we devoid ourselves from some time to time pampering sessions. More so, at this time when stress can prove to be a major issue.
‘DIY’/ Do It Yourself can be the solution to all your problems!
We all know that facials are proven to have certain benefits like;
- Slows down the ageing process.
- Increases blood circulation and oxygen flow.
- Improves your skin's elasticity.
- Relieves stress and clears your mind.
So, here we are listing down few tips on how you can de-stress yourself and make effective facials for yourself at home, being inside your homes with easy ingredients and not much hustle:
Now, before the all-natural face pack, everyone must learn by heart the mantra of doing facials. It involves the classic 6 step process, namely:
- Cleanse well
- Steam your face
- Mask it up
- Moisturise properly
After you clean your face thoroughly to remove any dirt, makeup or product build-up, one needs to exfoliate gently to remove all the dead skin cells, and polish the skin. After that, steaming the face is crucial. Boil water in a pot and take it off the stove. Lean over it and take steam for 5-10 minutes. It helps the pores to open and makes skin absorbent for the products to follow. Heat is also good for the skin as it makes skin relaxed and moist. Now, it’s the time for enjoy the relaxing time while you put a face mask. One can use natural ingredients from your kitchen.
There are some DIY face packs listed down here with easy and healthy ingredients for a hydrating, refreshing and brightening feel:
- Honey and milk- are a good combination for the skin. Both ingredients mixed together feels mild on the skin and work towards getting you a smoother, radiant complexion.
- Turmeric and Rosewater- Rose water is cooling for the skin and helps maintain skin's pH balance. It also has anti-inflammatory properties! Turmeric, on the other hand, is responsible for clearing skin out and giving it a healthy glow.
- Aloevera gel- It has healing properties. When it comes to skin, this transparent gel is the best at protecting the skin as it contains abundant minerals and vitamins.
- Cucumber and Tomato pulp- If you have tanned skin, it can be prone to nasty sunburns and rashes. Use cucumber juice to tackle this problem. The ingredient acts as a cooling agent and takes care of blemishes.
- Multani Mitti and Rosewater- If you have dull and oily skin, Multani Mitti is your ingredient. It improves blood circulation and absorbs impurities from your skin as well.
Now that your skin has absorbed the nutrients and goodness of face mask, Toning your face is extremely crucial. It would help to close and clean the pores. It also restores the balance of the skin and is essentially beneficial for acne-prone skin as it doesn’t let the dirt settle in on the skin. The last step would be locking as mush hydration into your skin by moisturising it well. This step hydrates the skin and helps to retain and sealing in the moisture it lost.
Apart from that, exercise daily, drink lots of water and eat veggies and fruits. This will keep the glow longer on your skin.
With that wonderful glow, we bid you a happy pampering session!